Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address and, when necessary, credit card information) when you:
- place an order using our website
- place an order via email
- return an item or make an exchange
- create an account at Dollyrose.co.uk
- subscribe to our email newsletter
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database. We also gather information about how visitors navigate through our website by using clickstream data gathered with "cookies."
Using Information We Collect
At Dollyrose.co.uk we always want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience that we possibly can and fulfill your orders exactly as requested. In order to do this, we collect information that allows us to:
- process and track your order
- provide the services you request
- contact you about the status of an order
- send you the Dollyrose.co.uk email newsletter, if requested
- identify your product and service preferences
- customise our communications to you
- provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- improve our merchandise selection and customer service
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
We contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, email distribution, and market research. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Dollyrose.co.uk.
A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our web site. They also allow us to enhance and personalise your online shopping experience, so that the information you receive is more relevant to you.
- remember what items are in your shopping bag
- recognise you when you return to our website
- enable a faster checkout if you have created an account at Dollyrose.co.uk
- study how our customers navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
How We Use E-mail
When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order or respond to a request. For example, after you place an order at Dollyrose.co.uk, you will receive an email confirmation.
It is our intent to send you promotional email (our email newsletter) only if you have agreed to receive it. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each edition of the newsletter.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- permitted or required by law
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
- investigating fraud which has already taken place
The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any thirrd parties other than in cases of fraud as mentioned above. This page is encrypted using an SSL certificate from GeoTrust to keep your credit card details secure.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of our customer data. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities.
When you make a purchase or create an account on our website, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
We use a GEO Trust certificate which utilises a 256 bit SSL certificate that offers the highest level of encryption or security possible. This means you can rest assured that communications between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure.